Sunday, July 20, 2008

A brief introduction.

My dearest family: I've created this site that you may, when you wish, look in on my exploits and adventures while I travel. I'll use this space to share photographs and stories, to give you some idea as to where in the world I might be, and attempt to assure you that I am safe. In a few terrifyingly brief days from the time of my writing this I'll be flying off to Ireland, the UK, the Netherlands, and Belgium. I might stop in Spain and Morocco, Egypt or Israel. My finances and whims permitting, I'll wander.

I hope you'll forgive my somewhat swollen and purple prose, and perhaps even find it in your heart to overlook my frightfully embarrassing preference for the British standard in spelling. I'm afraid that I've been doing it for years, and changing now would seem almost like admitting I was wrong. While other good children were busy praying fervently and obeying their mothers in all things, I was off experimenting with foreign grammatical customs. For shame!

4 comments:

auntc said...

I am so happy for you. I understand travel lust as you know and I hope one day, our paths cross on a continent or island and we watch a glorious sunset together! I will be in Hong Kong first week of November--my 2nd trip there. I will be teaching soical workers about how to do safe homevisits. The last two weeks of November I will go east for Thanksgiving. You are in my prayers always and I am so proud of you! Love auntc

Unknown said...

We just made it home a little while ago from the airport. Hope your flight goes well! Good luck! We love you!

Mom said...

Good luck on your adventure. I have an image of you forever etched in my mind when you were in first grade and I droped you off at school for a late arrival. You got out of the car with your blue book bag and went into the door. You looked so little and the bag so big. And now once again I will have a new image of you with your back pack. I will miss you but I am so happy you have this opportunity to travel. I wish you the best and will think of you everyday. Please know that I am so proud of you and know that Dad would be too!!! I shed a tear as you leave and like I said before will anxiously await your arrival home. Stay safe. I love you. Mom

BobbieO said...

Hi Kate, I'm so enjoying your blog. Will you be able to send pictures?
Gma&Gpa are coming over tomorrow to go shopping and have dinner with us. Did you know Gma is playing bridge twice a week? I'm happy for her to have something to look forward to. They have also been attending events at Vincent and have been exploring around.
Frank is helping our tree guy Mike take dead wood out of that great tree by the side of our driveway. Frank is the ground man and Mike swings through the tree with the greatest of ease.
I'll keep looking for updates.
Love, AB