Saturday, August 9, 2008

Jerpoint Abbey.

Jerpoint Abbey is a very pretty ruin, and I'm glad I made the sometimes difficult walk there. You're first greeted by graves, and then a visitor centre you can ignore, and then a roofless and crumbling cathedral, and a lovely cloister. Snakes, knights, and saints are carved into the stone. Crows and jackdaws followed me there, roosting in the tallest tower, flirting and fighting and biting at one another and watching the meat walking about and taking pictures down below.

2 comments:

BobbieO said...

You mentioned silly pictures in the blog! AB

The Earl of Grey said...

Oh! You're quite right. Mostly these were the boys taking pictures of one another leaping off of things so it looked like they were flying. I'll see if I can't track them down online.